About Me

My photo
Harlem, New York
19 Dancing is my passion. 3 words BEAUTY BRAINS BOOTY BEYONG YOUR WILDEST FANTASY

Sunday, March 21, 2010

....Now I'm letting You Go

I forgive you but It's time I let you go. Sole Fide Alis Volat Propriis
By Faith She Flies With Her Own Wings <3

Dear Past,


See Lately I’ve been on this emotional roller coaster. Some days I can’t figure out whether I’m going up or going down. I t seems to me that you have a lot to do with the way I’m feeling, well I can’t completely blame you for it all, but you’re part of the cause. I tried to let go of you and continue to move on but deep in the cracks of my mind you still seem to be growing strong. You’re attacking the present part of me, and It seems like the old Brittany is begging to get the best of me. I tried to leave her right along where I thought I left you. So as of today we have some addressing to do. I was scared to confront you just because I thought the present would lose, but I’m sick of feeling the way I do.

I haven’t slept good in months and every time I think something’s going good I hear the voices of you grunt. I just want you to know that I truly hate you for doing this to me, you made me feel weak, insecure and worthless and still I don’t know what for. Years and Years I allowed you to beat my self esteem up, call me ugly and made me think that people didn’t give a f---! You told me that I’d never be good enough so now that I’m at rock bottom I’m starting to want to give up. I’ve allowed you to control aspects of my life I felt that I had won the battle of, sneaky little you just couldn’t give up. You taunted my dreams while I was sleeping , when you tried to taunt my awaking moments I said that was enough.

I hate you past and what you stand for and this time your leaving for good I’m making sure you’ll be walking out the front door. You tried sneaking through the back last time and you found a place to hide but this time the yard is clear and you have no places to go. I hate you for the things you did to me, you beat me mental ,physically and emotionally, took everything I stood for and you broke me. Times are changing and so am I so from this day forth them old tricks you pulled won’t fly. Good bye and good riddance today is the day you pack your things and leave for good. Don’t even bother looking back cause I won’t be either. The only thing that was good about you was you helped break me down to nothing and that gave way for me to build me back up into something. I keep telling you I’m destined for greatness and when she does come along trust and believe me I’ll thank you cause you’ll be far gone.
-Brittany Q. Garrett

p.s I hope you now understand that no hard feelings. You just cant be apart of this band or the song I’m writing to my future . Just know you can’t live with me no more and that it’s all for the best.






















5 comments:

  1. if i had to pick my favorite line, it would be: "You just cant be apart of this band or the song I’m writing to my future ."

    This was beautifully written !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!
    It reminds me of what I had been going through for the past 3 months.
    I'm so glad that it's over and I'm so happy you wrote this!
    It gave me more courage tomake sure that the past does not come back through the doors of my life anymore.
    KUDOS <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU LADIES I ENJOY WRITING AND I ENJOY THE FEEDBACK THAT I GET LOVE YOU GUYS SMOOCHIES

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW THAT WAS SPEECHLESS BRITTY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete